The CC are currently revising the island’s emergency plan. We will be including details of people who can help out in an emergency with equipment such as chain saws and 4×4 vehicles as well as working with the medical practice to be able to assist vulnerable people. If you would like to be involved in the plan please contact Anne Foster, the CC secretary. We will also try to include A&B’s contingency plans for the bridges in the plan.
If you have any of the following and would be prepared to help out in an emergency situation please contact Anne so that you can be added to the list in the plan:
- Vehicles – 4×4, tractor, JCB, quadbike
- Vessels – motor boats, RIBs, dinghies
- Equipment – VHF radios, generators, chain saws
- Skills – first aid, carer, fireman, general labouring, catering
- Accommodation – could you accommodate people having to leave their homes?