A bus turning proposal for Ellenabeich being considered by Argyll and Bute Council. Until a final proposal is agreed (and it might not be the one illustrated) an interim bus turning proposal needs to be found to keep the bus service running into Ellenabeich. Several options are being considered.
One current proposal involves the piece of ground currently forming part of the ‘mini-golf’ course. You can see this in the documents linked to below:
Proposed bus turning circle – aerial view
Proposed bus turning circle – plan view
From: Ruaridh MacGregor [mailto:Ruaridh.MacGregor@SCOTTISHWATER.CO.UK]
Sent: 09 March 2018 11:06
Subject: Scottish Water Update – Proposals for Waste Water Treatment on Seil
As part of our commitment to keep the community on Seil informed and updated I would like to advise that our Alliance partner, Amey Black and Veatch will be carrying out site investigation works at Seaview Terrace W/C the 19th of March 2018.
Alan McDevitt Scotland BMA
14 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1LL (map)
Tel: 0131 247 3000 Fax: 0131 247 3001
The Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Parliament
81 Argyll Street
What are the concerns?
- Dismantling a health serves that currently works well and patients are happy with.
- Increased travelling for patients
- Loss of autonomy will destabilise the practice structures and teams.
- Lack of security for the future, for recruitment and patients alike.
- Loss of current multidisciplinary team communication and structures.
- Reduction of quality and continuity of the current service.
- Fragmenting an existing service that is not broken.
- The proposed New Contract is unrealistic in rural areas.
For more information on the new GP Contract
To engage /follow on social media use
#RememberRural hashtag & follow @RuralGPScot, @RuralPatients, @ScotRural Action
There are also 7 Regional MSPs of different Political Parties who you could also write to.
What do we need?
A commitment to Rural-proof the New GP Contract NOW.
- To have a significant contribution to the rural Short Life Working Group with representation by RGPAS(Rural GP Association of Scotland).
- A national rural enhanced service framework to allow practices to retain work, be resourced to do it and to enable more realistic and effective dialogue between practice teams and HSCPs
- A Correction Factor that adequately reflects the level of workload involved in rural practice and that adequately reflects and funds sustainable rural practice services
Let’s make this the most interesting CC election yet – nominate someone !
Click here to download
Nomination Packs may also be downloaded from www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/elections
The nomination pack contains the following documents:-
- Nomination Form
- Candidate Statement Form
- Notice of Withdrawal
- Election Timetable
- Guidance Notes
- Council Offices for obtaining and submitting Nomination Papers
Nominations should be lodged at the relevant Customer Services Area Office as detailed elsewhere in this pack or at the Election Office, Kilmory Headquarters, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT by not later than 4.00pm on Thursday 22 March 2018. The earliest date for lodging nomination papers is Tuesday 6 March 2018.
Should you require any assistance with your nomination, please feel free to contact the election office at the above address or by telephoning 01546 604331/4401.
The Council would encourage all candidates to submit a Candidate Statement as provided for in Section 13 of the guidance notes. In my experience the provision of such a statement is regarded as very important by voters.
Further details will be issued to candidates following completion of the nomination process.
Tuesday 27 March 2018, 6.30pm, Seil Island Hall
- Present / Apologies
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of Previous Meeting Held on 23rd January 2018
- New GP Contract – implications for our Surgery
- Matters Arising From the Meeting Held on 23rd January 2018
- Scottish Water: New Waste Water Proposals for Seil
- Tramway Cottages road adoption
- Police Report
- Bus Shelter
- Forward Planning for our community – Formation of Community Trust
- Ellenabeich & Easdale Conservation Area Appraisal/Management Plan
- Any Other Competent Business
Letter to the Community Council from Seil’s GPs
. . . following our recent letter informing you about the new GP contract, we have put some more information together in response to being asked what can be done to help. We would like to signpost the following website which clearly sets out the problems and has access to relevant documentation for further readings. http://ruralgp.scot/rememberrural/
To read the whole letter, please click here