Friday 7 November 2018 @ 1930
Seil Island Hall
2. Draft minutes of the 2017 AGM
3. Matters arising
4. Convenor’s report
5. Treasurer’s report
6. Election of Officers and Working Group
7. Membership fees
8. Winter maintenance
9. AOCBFollowed by RNLI Lifejacket clinic and Christmas card sales. Bring your boaty 🚣♀️🛶⛵️🚤🛥friends along!
SEIL AND EASDALE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Public Meeting: 6.30pm
Tuesday 25th September 2018
Seil Island Hall
- Present / Apologies
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of Previous Meeting Held on 24th July 2018
- Matters Arising from the Meeting Held on 24th July 2018
- Health : New GP Contract – Implications for our Surgery
- Health & Social Care Partnership
- Scottish Water: New Waste Water Proposals for Seil
- Roads – Balvicar Bus Stop
- Police Report
- Ellenabeich & Easdale Conservation Area Appraisal & Management Plan
- Bus service Ellenabeich
- Any Other Competent Business
- Parking – Ellenabeich
- Armistice Day Commemoration
Date and time of next meeting:
6.30pm Tuesday 27th November 2018 in Seil Island Hall
ELECTION DAY – 28 JUNE 2018
By-Elections are to be held for the return of Community Councillors for the Community Councils listed below within the Oban, Lorn and the Isles area of Argyll and Bute.
Oban AA36, AA37, AA38, AA39, AA64
Seil & Easdale AA65
- Persons wishing to represent their Community Council must reside in the community council area and be named on the elector register for the community council area in which they are standing. A candidate’s proposer and seconder must also be named on the electoral register and reside in the same community council area.
- Nomination papers must be lodged with the Depute Returning Officer, Kilmory Headquarters, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT on any day except a Saturday or Sunday after the date of this notice, but not later than 4.00pm on Thursday 24 May 2018 and withdrawals of persons nominated must be intimated at the same address not later than 4.00pm on Thursday 24 May 2018.
Cleland Sneddon, Returning Officer
Kilmory, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT
8 May 2018
The formation of a Community Development Company for Seil is to facilitate community needs and projects. Forms to ascertain support for this are available in Balvicar Stores. An Open Meeting will be held on Thursday 26 April at 7.30pm
From: Ruaridh MacGregor [mailto:Ruaridh.MacGregor@SCOTTISHWATER.CO.UK]
Sent: 09 March 2018 11:06
Subject: Scottish Water Update – Proposals for Waste Water Treatment on Seil
As part of our commitment to keep the community on Seil informed and updated I would like to advise that our Alliance partner, Amey Black and Veatch will be carrying out site investigation works at Seaview Terrace W/C the 19th of March 2018.
Let’s make this the most interesting CC election yet – nominate someone !
Nomination Packs may also be downloaded from www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/elections
The nomination pack contains the following documents:-
- Nomination Form
- Candidate Statement Form
- Notice of Withdrawal
- Election Timetable
- Guidance Notes
- Council Offices for obtaining and submitting Nomination Papers
Nominations should be lodged at the relevant Customer Services Area Office as detailed elsewhere in this pack or at the Election Office, Kilmory Headquarters, Lochgilphead PA31 8RT by not later than 4.00pm on Thursday 22 March 2018. The earliest date for lodging nomination papers is Tuesday 6 March 2018.
Should you require any assistance with your nomination, please feel free to contact the election office at the above address or by telephoning 01546 604331/4401.
The Council would encourage all candidates to submit a Candidate Statement as provided for in Section 13 of the guidance notes. In my experience the provision of such a statement is regarded as very important by voters.
Further details will be issued to candidates following completion of the nomination process.