The Community Council would like to produce a new edition of the phone directory but need your permission if you want to be included. We are aware the directory is widely used as a useful resource for the local community, however it is a public document and your details are made available to anyone who purchases the directory. Due to introduction of legislation relating to the use of personal information we need your consent for your details to be printed in the directory. We cannot put any entries into the directory unless we have written consent so unless we get this, your details will not be included in the new edition.
You can complete the return slip at the bottom of your Seilachan and leave it in the shop. Alternatively you can email your details to the Community Council secretary, Anne Foster, asking for the details to be included in the directory. Anne’s email address is
We would really wish to encourage people to send in their details as the directory is much appreciated by so many people.
Applicable from Monday July 2nd 2018
Monday 09:00am – 10:00am 3.30pm – 4.30pm
Tuesday 08:30am – 10:00am
Wednesday 09:00am – 10:00am 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Thursday 09:30am – 10:30am
Friday 08:30am – 10:00am 3.30pm – 4.30pm
Alan McDevitt Scotland BMA
14 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1LL (map)
Tel: 0131 247 3000 Fax: 0131 247 3001
The Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Parliament
81 Argyll Street
What are the concerns?
- Dismantling a health serves that currently works well and patients are happy with.
- Increased travelling for patients
- Loss of autonomy will destabilise the practice structures and teams.
- Lack of security for the future, for recruitment and patients alike.
- Loss of current multidisciplinary team communication and structures.
- Reduction of quality and continuity of the current service.
- Fragmenting an existing service that is not broken.
- The proposed New Contract is unrealistic in rural areas.
For more information on the new GP Contract
To engage /follow on social media use
#RememberRural hashtag & follow @RuralGPScot, @RuralPatients, @ScotRural Action
There are also 7 Regional MSPs of different Political Parties who you could also write to.
What do we need?
A commitment to Rural-proof the New GP Contract NOW.
- To have a significant contribution to the rural Short Life Working Group with representation by RGPAS(Rural GP Association of Scotland).
- A national rural enhanced service framework to allow practices to retain work, be resourced to do it and to enable more realistic and effective dialogue between practice teams and HSCPs
- A Correction Factor that adequately reflects the level of workload involved in rural practice and that adequately reflects and funds sustainable rural practice services
Letter to the Community Council from Seil’s GPs
. . . following our recent letter informing you about the new GP contract, we have put some more information together in response to being asked what can be done to help. We would like to signpost the following website which clearly sets out the problems and has access to relevant documentation for further readings. http://ruralgp.scot/rememberrural/
To read the whole letter, please click here