Argyll and Bute Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) is committed to community members being involved in the planning of Health and Social Care services within Argyll and Bute. We would welcome 2 enthusiastic people to become members in each of the four locality planning groups across Argyll and Bute:
* Bute and Cowal
* Helensburgh and Lomond
* Oban, Lorn and Isles
* Mid Argyll Kintyre and Islands
What are Locality Planning Groups?
The Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Act 2014 expects that Health and Social Care Partnerships establish locality planning groups. These groups bring together NHS and Council staff, community members, carers, representatives from third and independent sectors and community-based groups who work together to improve the health and wellbeing of the community in which they live.
What do they do?
Locality Planning Groups come together to develop a locality plan, influence priorities in their local area, agree mechanisms for all members to contribute to the delivery of actions at a local level and review and regularly report progress to the Strategic Planning Group.
What are we looking for in a Community Member?
* Understanding and familiarity of their locality
* Awareness and experience in health and social care services
* Ability to commit to regular Locality Planning Meetings (at least 4 per year) for approximately 2 hours per meeting
* An interest and enthusiasm for engagement
* Are committed to the developing and delivering locality plans which reflect the needs and priorities of local people across Argyll and Bute.
Are you interested?
Anyone living in Argyll and Bute who experiences or cares for someone who experiences Health and Social Care services are eligible to apply. They can either be nominated by someone (with the nominees’ permission) or can nominate themselves. Volunteer expenses will be met in accordance with NHS Highland Volunteering Policy.
The original date to register an interest or nominate community members has been extended from the 3rd May to the 17th May 2019.
and let us know about the locality that you are interested in, your experience and why you would like to become a member of one of these groups.
Elaine Booth, Communications Officer
- 01436 635080 ext 15080
Annual General Meeting followed by Public Meeting
Tuesday 28th May 2019
Seil Island Hall 6.30 pm
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
3. Minutes of Previous AGM held on 23rd May 2017
4. Matters Arising from Previous AGM held on 23rd May 2017
5. Convenor’s Report
6. Treasurer’s Report
7. Election of Officers
8. Any Other Business